When your child breaks your heart, it can be the simplest quotes that get to us the most. We understand how your heart breaks when your child hurts you with unkind words or the most selfish actions, which is why we came up with the quotes for when your child breaks your heart below.
When Do Children Break Your Heart?
It’s inevitable that your child breaks your heart on more than just one occasion as they grow up.
As children grow up and enter the puberty stage, for example, your child breaks your heart much more easily as they grow rebellious as all teens do.
When you reflect on your own childhood, you might remember doing so yourself, and you learn to understand your parents’ pain when your own child breaks your heart.
It might have been unintentional, or even more so in the heat of the moment when arguments arise and hurtful words are thrown about.
After the arguments, we often used to feel sad, heartbroken, and at times, even guilty for having entered an argument in the first place with our own loved ones.
If you are hurt by your children, we have written some quotes you can share to lighten the weight.
When Your Child Breaks Your Heart Quotes
When your child breaks your heart, it might feel as if your child does not love you anymore. However, always remember the days when you too were a young child and said hurtful words to your own parent.
Did you mean it when you said those words in an argument? Of course, you didn’t mean it. Did you still love your parents then?
Of course, you do!
This is why you should try to forgive your child and yourself when arguments happen and your child breaks your heart into tiny pieces.
When all has been done and arguments are over, remind your child that you love them, and give them a nice, warm hug to show your sincerity should you feel the need to apologize.
Below, we share with you these 30 quotes about the painful moments when your own beloved child breaks your heart.
1. A mother will know the meaning of unconditional love when their children break their hearts, and yet they still love them just the same.
2. You might feel like a failure when your child has broken your heart, but know that God is with you through this painful journey. One day, you will get there.
3. It’s only as a parent that you can have your heart broken and still love the person with every little bits.
4. When your children break your heart, wallow in the sadness as long as you need to, but always let your prayers lead your children on.
5. With all the smiles that your children have brought you, isn’t it amazing that they can bring you so much tears as well?
6. It’s truly painful when you need to recognize and acknowledge the fact that a child has walked out of your life.
7. Your children will never know how to appreciate you until they too have become parents on their own.
8. Here’s what kids don’t do: Respect you and be grateful. Here’s what they do: Eat their food, break your heart. Such a tough parenting journey!
9. Wondering why you took up parenting when your child breaks your heart? but then once you feel better you just love them all over again.
10. It’s important to remember that an argument with your child does not mean that they hate you. They are learning and growing with you too!
11. Children might not acknowledge that they are breaking your heart, but they know it, and they will feel just as guilty afterwards too.
12. One of the toughest things to do as a parent is to go through all the arguments that break your hearts and bring yourself to forgive them completely.
13. When our children break our hearts, we remember how our parents have once told us, “You’ll understand when you have your children one day.”
14. Instead of scolding your child let them know calmly why you are upset. That way, you are raising them to argue constructively.
15. Sometimes, all that the children need are some space after they have broken your heart. Just let them know that you’re there for them.
16. Even though all the times that you feel as if you failed, your child will always see you as a super mum.
17. Keep your head up and your heart strong when your child breaks your heart.
18. A mom’s duty goes beyond the usual housewife chores. A dad’s love for the mum can be so important when their child breaks her heart!
19. It’s so bizarre that you can feel the physical pain in your chest when your child says something that just breaks your heart so.
20. The person that you care about and love the most is so often the same person that you’ll let hurt you the most.
21. It’s so easy for children to hurt their parents – unwarranted rudeness, a simple “I don’t care” and all the anger. Children will never understand the feeling until they themselves too become a parent one day.
22. Parents do understand that children will be rebellious one day, but that doesn’t make it hurt any less. It hurts the first time, and it will continue hurting the 100th time.
23. Maybe one day, children will finally stop hurting their parents. It is going to take a long time, plenty of lessons and good examples, but maybe one day, it will stop hurting so much.
24. The first time that a child hurts the parents, the child will not even know just the extent of damage that they have done. They never know because they have never experienced it themselves.
25. No bible lessons are going to teach the children to be nice to their parents and to take care of their parents’ feelings. This has to be learnt by the children on their own.
26. A mother will continue to love her child even after the child has angered her, saddened her and made her feel disappointed. She only wants her child to know that her love is truly unconditional.
27. Is it really so difficult for a child to learn that a parent only wants the best for their children? So many efforts lead to a child’s “I hate you” and “I don’t care” that a parent might stop and think, “Is this worth it?”
28. Many parents do not show themselves hurting even when their children have hurt them so much. Even when they are hurt, they still take care of their children’s feelings. Such is the power of a parent’s love.
29. Every parent has been hurt by their children. Often, it is not a one-time accident. A child may know that they are hurting their parents, yet they keep doing that because they know that their parents will always love them.
30. How is it that parents have such a wonderful capacity for love? The love from a parent to a child is so strong that there might not be a more powerful force ever.
We hope that you feel better after reading these quotes about when your child breaks your heart. If there are any quotes that you believe can help your children to understand how you feel, do share it and communicate with them so that future heartbreaks can be prevented.